Thursday, October 27, 2011

Rainy Days and Happiness

Today is one of those perfect rainy, grey autumn days that I absolutely adore. So far, my day and mood have matched the wonderful weather.
For the last hour I've been smiling nonstop and pleased with life, for today has been quite relaxing and a nice break from yesterday. Yesterday I left my dorm at 8:45am to walk up the hill for an hour of ballet, University Experience class, my one and only break for the day which I spent chatting with Jeremy Benton and eating lunch, Voice and Movement, modern dance, Peter Pan rehearsal, Zink rehearsal, Dance Project rehearsal, some Pilates and a masterclass. Then cue some relaxation with a delicious cup of caramel hot chocolate. Needless to say, as fun as yesterday was, it was exhausting. In contrast, today is the easiest day of my life. Women's studies was cancelled today (thank goodness, since I was essentially hyperventilating in the last class) so I only had two classes. I got my medications situated (over a week late, oops) so perhaps I'll feel 100% again, am on my third cup of green tea, and I'm finally wearing a gorgeous (albeit a tad slutty - especially for the weather) tight dress in peacock colors with green combat boots because for once I feel almost skinny enough to rock it. Oh and I haven't messed up my diet...yet *crosses fingers*. I feel in control once more and it's such a lovely feeling. In about an hour I'll leave for Zink rehearsal and then it's off to a surprise party for my friend's birthday. Perfect day.

On a side note, I still need to figure out a Halloween costume as I was just invited to a party on Saturday night. I think I'll probably try to be Artemis but barring that I haven't any ideas...

Now I am off to do some research about leukemia, perhaps make a hair bow as a present for my friend and then write for a bit.

xo F

No comments:

Post a Comment