Saturday, April 16, 2011

Good Morning!

Good morning, world! I'm missed two days of blogging. Oh the shame of it all! But really, it's been a busy few days.

Seeing as I just woke up from my night's "rest," I'd like to discuss dreams. My dreams are quite strange. Or perhaps they aren't strange at all. One thing I can do that apparently not everyone can, though, is change my dreams. I've done this for years. Whenever I had nightmares or horrid dreams, I'd force myself to imagine a certain image: my old house in Connecticut's backyard where hundreds of butterflies flew gracefully from a tree full of flower blossoms. These butterflies would chase the bad dreams away so that I could form a new dream by choosing a specific topic and training my mind to dream about it. In high school this technique began to have a few issues, mainly the butterflies turning into vampire bats with fangs extended and the landscape withering and dying, but choosing a specific topic for my dreams tends to work. I can also change a dream midway through, with a bit of difficulty. If I don't want something to end a certain way, with someone dying or being embarrassed for example, I simply switch the occurences. I generally have to go through the last part of the dream several times, but I usually succeed! Anyhow, I found that interesting that not everyone can do that...

Regarding the dreams themselves. First of all, I'd like to bring up a debate. Do people dream in color or black and white? Some people feel that everyone dreams in one or the other while others think it's a mix. Personally, I dream in both. When I was younger, my dreams tended to be in black and white, particularly if they were nightmares or action-filled. However, day to day or magical circumstances tend to be in color. Last night, for instance, I dreamed a rather strange (as always) dream that was set in present day, in color. I had met this group of guys (who are completely made-up) people in some unusual occurence that I don't recall. Someone got hit by a car. At first I was confused which person it was, emotions and tensions were high, etc. Then at the end we went to this big church for like a party where the guy who got hit was just resting in a chair. Yet my friends from high school were there, so it was an interesting mix of the known and unknown, although the known were in different circumstances than their normal lives. So that's an in color dream. Meanwhile my many, recurring dreams of trolls, gnomes, dwarves, ninjas, and all other evil people and creatures coming into my house to attack, tend to be in in black and white. These dreams are especially interesting as while the antagonist may change, the basic idea of the dream is recurring. Someone or something enters my house with the intent to hurt or kill a family member and I must figure out a way to protect us. My mind consistently has this dream because I'm obviously, at least sub-conciously, quite focused on protecting everyone and being the heroine. Usually I figure out some way to sneak out of my room without attracting attention and wake-up either my dad or sister. If I wake my sister, it's to convince her to hide or escape, depending on whether the evil thing has back-up. If I wake my dad, it's to defend the family. Either my dad and I or just myself creeps to our living room and removes the Japanese swords we have on display, so that we have weapons, and we proceed to helping the family (pets included) escape and kill or maim the creature attacking us.

I have many other dream stories, but that's plenty for now. Perhaps, you'll hear a few in the future...


Outfit post from 4/14/2011: Business appropriate. Long, dark, flare jeans. Light brown platforms. Tight brown plaid shirt: button-down, short sleeves, belted, low-cut...quite fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment